Awards won by CPSC
- CPSC, FlameKing, Kamps Propane, and U-Haul received an Environmental Excellence Award from the Industrial Enviromental Association in October 2016 for their partnership on the ReFuel Your Fun 1 pound refillable gas cylinder campaign.
- CPSC received a North American Hazardous Materials Management Association (NAHMMA) Award for Outstanding Policy Achievement in September 2015 in support of California local government EPR actions.
Pictured (Left to Right): Victoria L. Hodge, NAHMMA; CPSC Board Member Doug Kobold
- CPSC received an Award for Outstanding Environmental Stewardship from the Sacramento Environmental Commission in July 2015 for the Don’t Rush to Flush, Meds in the Bin We All Win! program and other contributions to environmental stewardship in the Sacramento region.
- CPSC was recognized as a Sacramento Area Sustainable Business of the Year from the Sacramento Business Environmental Resource Center (BERC) in September 2014 for outstanding contributions to sustainability and pollution prevention in the community.
Pictured: 2014 Sacramento Area Sustainable Business of the Year Award
- CPSC was recognized as an Unsung Hero in April 2014 by the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) for making a difference in the solid waste industry.
- SWANA Gold Rush Chapter Past President Doug Kobold, on behalf of Tim Flanagan and SWANA’s Recycling and Special Waste Technical Division, presents the very first Distinguished Individual Achievement Award to Heidi Sanborn. This award is new for 2014.
Pictured (Left to Right): Heidi Sanborn, CPSC;
Doug Kobold, Sac. County Department of Waste Management and Recycling
- Best Public/Private Partnership Award given by CalRecycle and the DTSC at the Used Oil/HHW 2013 Training & Conference.
- Special Recognition Award by the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Gold Rush Chapter for outstanding service and dedication to the solid waste industry.Pictured (Left to Right): Doug Kobold, Sac. County Department of Waste Management
and Recycling; Kimbra Andrews, CPSC
- Outstanding Policy Advancement Award by CalRecycle to CPSC in May 2012
Pictured (Left to Right): CPSC Executive Director, Heidi Sanborn
and Cheryl Williams from CalRecycle
- 2012 Leaders in Product Stewardship Award by the North American Hazardous Materials Management Association (NAHMMA)